Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bedside reading.

Hi. Today I cleaned our room, and realized how many damn books I keep around, and how they pertain to what I'm writing.


Here's some stuff I am currently reading for inspiration:

Trinity, Leon Uris
Lysistrata and Other plays, Aristophanes
Atonement, Ian McEwan
Men at War, Ernest Hemingway
Chesepeake, James Michener
Independence Day, Richard Ford

Some that I consult for snippets of structure and tone:

A Picture of Dorian Gray
The complete works of Mark Twain
The Short Stories of F.Scott Fitzgerald


...and others that are lingering but yet to be read or re-read:

Mason & Dixon, Thomas Pynchon
The Lovely Bones, Anne Sebold
Precious, by Sapphire
A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
The Oddysey, The Iliad, Homer
Moby Dick, Herman Melville



 My wife, Jennifer's, blog can be found here:
Cleverly Disguised as Cake

And my first novel, squeakyclean, here:
eBook, pdf, mobi, epub, rtf, lrf, palm, txt
Kindle US
Kindle UK
Kindle Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment