Monday, May 21, 2012

Challenge!

My wife and blogger extraordinaire has issued a lovely photograph-challenge to her fellow bloggers, as per this challenge from Hostel Bookers 7 Super Shots. I love a challenge, so I accepted this one without a foggy clue what I was going to do. So the challenge is this:

1. Choose 7 of your own photos, one for each of the following categories:
    A photo that…takes my breath away
    A photo that…makes me laugh or smile
    A photo that…makes me dream
    A photo that…makes me think
    A photo that…makes my mouth water
    A photo that…tells a story
    A photo that…I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot)
2. Write a short description for each image.
3. Write somewhere in your blog post: ‘I am taking part in HostelBookers 7 Super Shots‘.
4. Tell us you have participated and tweet the hashtag #7SuperShots
5. Nominate 5 other bloggers by including a link to their blog in your post.

We will be retweeting and sharing the best posts from participating bloggers.

A photo that takes my breath away:


I love this shot, out on the bay of Quinte in January. Gorgeous. Water and air and sunlight.

A photo that makes me smile or laugh (or two photos):

Ah, Daisy. She makes me smile, and laugh. She's such a clown. Or, as it were, a pelican. Chacun son gout.

A photo that makes me dream:

I have dreams about operating cranes all the time. I miss it. There's a kind of motive poetry to getting it right, as if the universe falls into place, and things make sense. Lord knows I'm missing that lately too.

A photo that makes me think:


Where are we going with all this noise and confusion and building and driving?

A photo that makes my mouth water:


Mmmm ... steak...


A photo that tells a story:

In all the journeys we've been on together, I never thought Owen would be so active and happy. That, in itself, is a story of success.


A photo that I am most proud of (aka my worthy of National Geographic shot):



I am also cheating on this nomination, as my wife did, as I don't know many bloggers well enough to pull them into a tangled web of photos and lost time at the computer, but I will say I have known Schmutzie a very long time, and would love to see her entries!





 My wife, Jennifer's, blog can be found here:
Cleverly Disguised as Cake

And my first novel, squeakyclean, here:
eBook, pdf, mobi, epub, rtf, lrf, palm, txt
Kindle US
Kindle UK
Kindle Germany


No comments:

Post a Comment